23 September, 2012

Eating Bon-Bons

School has been in session for four weeks now.  That is four weeks without kids at home.  I wondered how I would do, having no kids to keep my company.  Although I miss having the kids terribly during the day, I have found this to be a fun change in my life.  I am taking life slowly, in that I am not making drastic changes to my lifestyle.  I am making little changes though, and am enjoying the journey.

I have found that not only do I enjoy listening to church talks on my runs, but also at home when I am working (cleaning, laundry, etc).  I told Tim that I am going to run out of things to listen to-that reminds me of years ago when Sarah told me she had read everything in our Murray library.  Not true, but she had certainly read a lot!  One of my favorite talks lately has been this one:  Stephen R. Covey, May 1975

I am finding time to work on projects that haven't been touched in months, maybe even years.  After spending these first four weeks cleaning the house, I have finally turned to projects that I would like to complete:  scrapbooks updated, decorating finished (projects that have been undone for years), and getting rid of "stuff" that may have been sitting unused. 

Don't get me wrong.  I still have plenty to do daily.  I am just not spending all day every day fighting fires!  I really love change!

0 comments: