


Last night, as we had our annual Bistro, we tried remembering how many years we had done the Bistro...
I looked in Sarah's scrapbook today, and found that our "Bistro" officially started in Feb 2003 (on Valentine's Day). Wow! That has been a long time. I looked at the picture in Sarah's scrapbook, and not much has changed. The decorations are still the same-the result of Target clearance sales long ago. The menu has been tweaked from year to year, but always returns to our standard of fondue. Dancing was a part of our first Bistro, and still is today-usually 2 slow songs and one fast song ("I Would Walk 500 Miles" by the Proclaimers.) We love all of the dance moves from the movie "HItch" and intertwine those moves into our dancing. And, usually, we watch a chick flick afterwards. This year however, we finished the night off with the season finale of Gold Rush. Not much has changed from year to year-except that kids are growing up and the dynamics of having older kids definitely gives the Bistro added dimension.
3 comments:
This is sure a fun tradition!
I love the Bistro idea - every time you post about it I want to go buy a fondue set and make yummy cheese and chocolate dips! I don't really need/want a fondue pan, but I may use a regular pot to make something special this week.
i love this! you guys were the springboard for our v day this year. we'll have to try fondue. sounds awespme!
Post a Comment