29 May, 2011

Nathan in a Nutshell

Nathan turned 15 this month-he is primed and ready to get his drivers' permit now. I can't believe that we are going to have 4 drivers in the house...

1. Nathan just finished up his season of Water Polo last week. Tim and I are most excited about this because we don't have to wake up at 5am every morning! That extra time to sleep has made a huge difference for all of us! And, a summary of Nathan's Water Polo Season? After the first game of the season, Nathan got tagged as goalie, and has only played the field once since then. We have all agreed that it is a lot of pressure to be goalie-no matter how much the ending score relates to the performance of the entire team, the goalie feels the most responsibility for the win/loss (especially the losses). Nate's team took second in state-water polo is a really fun game to watch, and a short 45 minutes per game. Tim and I love that all of our kids play different sports. It is fun to watch them all.




2. Nathan has two favorite classes at school this year-Chinese and Seminary. Nathan has always had a love for his Chinese class (both years), and I think it is a language the Lord has wanted him to learn. I don't necessarily think it is for his mission-him and his friend gave his teacher a Chinese Book of Mormon a few weeks ago (the chinese teachers come from China for a year to teach), and he has been a good missionary with her. Nathan asked me a few weeks ago if the Lord would be happy that he was sharing the Gospel and if it would make a difference for him and his salvation...I just smiled...


Seminary is another love. Nathan is convinced there isn't another set of scripture that he will love as much as the Doctrine & Covenants. He has shared scriptures that he thinks are cool, and why they mean something to him. I really think that seminary teachers have a special spot in the Kingdom...I am grateful for teachers that make a difference in our kids' lives. I feel true joy because of them.


3. And, on to more worldly things. Nathan just LOOOOves Halo! It ranks right up there with some of his other loves of a worldly nature (sleep and eating). He just negotiated his 16th birthday party for an all-nighter 15th birthday party at the ranch, playing a Halo tournie. He had 12 boys, and only a few die-hards that could (and would) make it through the night playing this great game :).

4. Sarah and Nathan have become quite good friends this year. They share common friends, do some things on weekends together, and even "watch each others' backs" with Tim and I. As Nate put it, "You and Dad always team up against us, and it is about time we have an ally in each other."

1 comments:

Don said...

Becky-I thoroughly enjoy your blog updates on each of the kids and Taylor activities. I noticed that you are updating weekly. So you have a family fan. I don't know how you find time to do it all and I noticed you are charging ahead on the Nike+ challenge. You are awesome. Love, Dad