01 August, 2010

Nathan's Summer is about to change...





Friday was Nathan's last day at camp with the Cub Scouts. He ended his camp career with a grocery bag full of leftover candy from the trading post-free to all hard-working employees. All kids were drooling when he got home.
I think finishing work is somewhat bittersweet-He has worked hard at earning his money ($1.80/hour), and he is glad not to be devoting so much of his time in August to work. However, he has learned many good things, has made many good friends (one of his favorites just left for his mission)...and we know this experience will be of even more value to him at some point in his life. We feel that. I will miss driving up the canyon every day, listening to books on CDs with the kids. But, change is good. And, Nathan has worked really hard the last two months-time to take a little break.
Nathan also was able to finish his project portion of his Eagle this week. This was a big accomplishment, as he has spent many hours in phone calls, and meeting with people. Now, we just have the write-up. And, Tim says this will be the easy part in comparison.
I did hear Nathan mutter under his breath last week that he didn't like being so busy, but I know that was just a "moment" and that he really does like what he gets done when he says "anxiously engaged".

1 comments:

Ducksfly2gether said...

The big question is... do the rest of the kids already have the rest of his summer planned out for him? I'll bet they've been missing him while he's been gone!