25 July, 2012

Nathan Goes to Work

School got out June 1, 2012.  Nathan started his very first job that next Monday-I can't believe we now have two working kids!

He is a lifeguard over at our rec center-I asked him shortly after he started working if the lifeguards ever have to save anyone, and he said it happens every day.  He has had to save several kids, even some teenagers (cute grils wishing to be saved...Sandlot???). 

After working a long 12-hour shift one day, I asked him what he thinks about, sitting in the chair all day.  He has figured out how many steps it would take to walk around the entire indoor pool, how many cents he makes ever second, and makes bets with friends that he can sit through his rotation at all lifeguard stations without talking to anyone. 

He is getting quite a good tan, and says that next year he is putting "BYU" letters on his back (stickers) while he lifeguards so that he has a nice "BYU" tan line.

0 comments: