19 June, 2011

William is still the happy boy he has always been. He wins the hearts of all siblings in the family because of his contagious smile and laugh. I am grateful for this gift of happiness that Will brings into our home, as it melts away negativity like nothing else.





Things to Note about William:

1. 1st grade and Spanish was a hard transition for William this year. For 2/3 of the year, I would walk him to school, with the same routine every morning (don't talk to his friends, wait by the door where his class goes in to school when the bell rings, and then wave until we can't see each other any more). Will counted the days until weekends, and lived for holiday breaks. And then, something happened...he started liking school, Spanish, and everything that was once hard at school. I now drop him off at the crosswalk every morning as I head off to my walk. He waves once to me, and never looks back. In some regards, it is sad, and yet it is even better to know that he excn't miserable at school anymore, and that he is truly excited to be there.






2. William LOVES Legos-his favorite Lego set is his airplane set that he bought a while back. He dreams of getting a bucket full of Legos like Uncle Mike, but he knows that it is still so far away for him. Will begged for the red Lego airplane for his birthday, until I told him he wouldn't bet it because it was too expensive. We told him to save his money, and he could eventually get that airplane to match his blue one (it is twice the size and price).
3.William's best friend is Alice-he doesn't always admit it, but they really are the closest of friends. I know this won't last forever, but I relish in it for now.

0 comments: