26 June, 2010
Summer has officially Begun...
There have been many hours involved in preparing for the mighty day that school gets out. I am just fanatical about making sure that there is lots to do for the kids...and sometimes that "lots" involves just letting them play with each other. I just love it when we have a day of no "I'm bored Mom, what can I do?" And, I love it when the kids are so ixcited to play that they don't even have an inkling to want to watch TV. I would have to say that summer is flying by in such a good way. We are having SO much fun. We are all being productive, yet spending time relxing in such gooood ways. Thus, the post. The kids have spent hours in the sandbox, creating. They have dumped gallons of water into it, and have loved picking off the top crust the next day. Roads have been build, tunnels created, etc. It is one of the best play toys we have in our backyard.
A few days after school got out, Ben asked to set up his tent for a backyard sleepover. Of course, our summer is never complete without a backyard sleepover. The kids brought the TV outside, along with sleeping gear and treats. That night the four younger kids enjoyed being on their own campout. We read by flashlight, and then the kids watched Harry Potter. The tent stayed up for 5 nights, and it was a fun retreat for them during the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment