01 May, 2010

Ben graduates from Cub Scouts



And, not a minute too soon. It is amazing how it seems like overnight boys are ready to move on with scouts, and all of that Cub Scout stuff is just for little kids. I don't blame him. I was ready to move on as well. In fact, I got released from working in Cub Scouts a month before Ben graduated. So, I was ready for him to move on as well. Ben finished off his Cub Scout career with a pinewood derby, and enjoyed that (especially because his car did so well). Way to go Ben (it really was 90% of his own work, we promise). You always love those successes for your kids, as they have plenty of the hard-knocks in life as well. And, Ben couldn't let Nathan pass him up with awards, and was able to get his Arrow of Light the same month as one of his great friends.

1 comments:

carole said...

Congrats Ben!!! I think your pinewood derby car looks really fast!